Saturday, March 14, 2009

This feeling is all too familiar.



"It hurts soo good." ~ Andy Milonakis

Right now I feel tired, very tired. From what, you ask? Oh you know, doing my job, as always. Being ASB President is very fun, very tiring. Throughout high school there's been plenty things I've been at school for 12, 13, 14 hours for, from 6:50 am at the start of leadership, to 11 pm cleaning up after events. Tonights event? Filipino club's Benefit concert, whooo!

I was emcee, along with angela. I got to see Gabe Bondoc perform! And talk to him one on one, haha it was wierd telling someone you listen to alot on your ipod, "Hey, you're performing next." I've met him before in 2005 at a Pista sa nayon, and I even got to get an autograph and a picture with him. Honestly I wasn't a big fan before like how I am now, I was pretty much like whatever then.

Tonight I was starstruck, oh god. It probably was the 2nd time I ever felt that way in my life, I was jumping up and down, like shaking in place when introducing him, it was great. I'm going to search the youtubes in the upcoming days for any videos of tonight, being on stage right next to him was pretty damn awesome. I was pretty "fangirl" material, if a guy could get any more fangirl than that. And he autographed my ID card, whoooooot!

Okay, enough about things I did. Sometimes I feel like blogs that only talk about what someone did are pretty damn boring. I enjoy the blogs about what someone thinks.

Vallejo High seems to be on a negative slope in terms of the state of the school and the direction in which the school is going, but if VHS has any bright hopefuls left, it would have to be Derryl Regresado. Yeah, I pick on him alot, alot of people in leadership pick on him because he's a freshman, but I care for the kid. He seems to like the fact that people call him "Mini-Earnest". He aint sexy like me though, but I digress. There's times where I hope he will surpass me one day in the things I accomplished in high school, he's doing a wonderful job right now as Freshman class President, plus he's smart too, so he has a chance at being my second coming.

I always strive to make a lasting impact on everything and everyone that I meet and get involved into. I am ALWAYS looking for ways to leave VHS better than I found it. I see Derryl as one of those examples where that is possible. Derryl is dear to me because I see him as the second coming. I see him as an extension of me, so that when I am off to college, I still resonate within leadership and with the school in general. I know alot of the things Maricar taught me-- being tactful, handling people, staying positive and keeping others enthused, and how to generally go about getting things done, is a big part of how I handle myself as ASB. As a senior, I know I'm on the way out, so I am passing these values on to people like Arron, and Derryl. People I see who have it in them to be ASB President. I sure hope he makes it.


March is fun, real fun. Thank you God.

No comments: