Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hype and Materials.

First off Happy Birthday to my mother Rose Salgado! I love my mommy

I can't tell a lie, March is fun. I'm even having a hard time trying to righteously finish off my week before going on spring break. The weather is fine, I'm a spring baby so I have no problems with it (along with no allergies!). But in some cases, there are times where you can blow off and have a little fun. Hell, maybe I deserve it, hahah.

I know I am going to devote the majority of my spring break towards studying for the AP Fiziks test. I think I am going to spend an extended amount of time in that Kaplan guide, which I feel will need some organization of a time table. I also need to study for the AP Calculus BC test, which I feel will be more of a struggle for me.

Tonight I have an interactive reader story to do, Calculus homework, I have to fill out my time log for Physics, and study the Blue and Gold sheets as well. It's okay, stand and deliver time.

What I wanted to really talk about in my blog was about the effects of Hype and "Having the Materialistic Mood", which I kind of feel right now, haha. Last tuesday was my birthday, and I haven't really indulged on myself yet, which I would like to do. It's just that this week I've had to ask my mom for a WHOLE lot of $$$ to pay for senior expenses. Two AP tests were $156, Grad night was $200, Prom is a $180 couple price. That's over $500 to think about! God, the wonders of money...

Which makes me wonder how I will feel about clothes and style when I get older. Will I really value it where I am a shopaholic? Or will I occasionally treat myself to a new shirt or hat every once in a while? At least my style right now does not need much of a bank account, I really like wearing polo's and a fresh pair of sneakers, a comfortable fitted pair of jeans, and a New Era cap once in a while. I love dressing like a nerd. On the reals, the 80's are raging back, and I'm just wondering how much am I going to adhere to that, whether or not will I be with the hype or not.

I've never been the guy to trendset, but I like wearing things that people don't usually see. I take pride in that. On top of having a good head on my shoulders, I enjoy my fashion sense and wearing things that appeal to me. Yes, I do care about my appearance, but I am not overboard with it. I won't spend hours picking out something to wear, per se, but I will go to the extent of getting what to wear ready for tomorrow. Although there are days where I throw things together when I am running late for school or getting ready to go out at night, and ironically sometimes it turns out better than when I plan it out. Funny right? But I digress...

I do enjoy going on hypebeast and looking at all the cool updates everyday, but sometimes I just feel that most of the stuff is unnecessary. I do like some of the stuff though, like new concepts that they put up. I like being "in the know" as Mary says, hahah

Spring Break, hoooo~~~!

No comments: