Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Unusual.

The last few days have all been about realizing, identifying, and understanding.

In a short ten days (nine if you count today being basically done) my life's gonna change drastically. I have to be ready for it, physically and mentally prepared.

I have to break the mold, break the culture that I am accustomed to, and I have to be ready to adapt. It's not survival of the fittest, but of the most adapted.

I have to understand that my life has to turn its focus on succeeding in my education. That's the most I can offer, and it's what I do best. I'm gonna have a little faith and hope that I can take on the challenge Berkeley has for me, I know it's not gonna be easy by any means.

I have to realize I'm gonna be a city kid now, where buses and Bart is your sole means of transportation. Thank God I have a bike. I'm going to use what knowledge of streets I have already and go off that, knowing that I will learn my direction with time. No more is the '86 Mercedes rolling up to the high school, with me runnin' shit. I'm a nobody, and I gotta prove myself that I belong.

I have to identify that girls in life are many things. Girls cannot be seen as all the same, nor can be generally addressed by any stereotype. Some are friends, some aren't, some are keepers, some you stay away from. Girls will be at college, I know that but I'm here for me and mine. That's the objective. I'm just trying to be a nice, bright young man.

I'm waiting.





2 comments:

sushifiend said...

I know I know, I'm a keeper. d(^^,)d

Haha, just kidding friend.

Lisaaaaa said...

Aww, haha I was going to ask you if I can borrow your bike. But since I read your blog, you're going to use it. xD Oh well. It's okay. Walking is good also!