Monday, August 17, 2009

Toot!

I take a lot of pride in not tooting my own horn; hardly ever talking myself up or boasting. I always believed the coolest people personified the word instead of declaring or analyzing it. The thought of "actions speak louder than words", and to "speak softly and carry a big stick" resounds to me.

There's a lot of people who throw the word "cool" around like litter, and they come off as cocky. I'm not really mindful of them. If anything, I'd listen to them talk all day about how dope they are. I'd even reply to their statements and start conversation about their level of coolness, haha. That would be a very pointless encounter, though.

To be honest, the coolest people just do things instead of beating around the bush. They know hella stuff; just being outright streetsmart about a lot of different topics. They put out this sense of self confidence without putting out the sense that they're full of themselves, nor going out and putting everyone down for not knowing things.

Just the other day I got a comment about my Cal youtube in an earlier blog; they knew where that cheer was from-- The Rocky Horror Show. I thought that was cool for that person to know that. Kudos to you!

I really try to live off the thought of proving your worth instead of declaring your worth. If you're raw, people take notice. In all actuality, thats where the word "raw" derived from-- having sheer natural and exceptional talent in something; raw talent. Your parents always tell you to choose your friends wisely. Well, I always was gravitated towards those raw types. That's a compliment, friends!

I dont say that I know it all and that I look down on the uncool. Do you. That's cool enough in and of itself. Cool is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pain and sorrow is in the eye of the beholder. Do you get where I'm going with this?

Basically, everything is dependent upon a certain perspective. That's what I learned in AP Physics, and that's probably the most important thing I learned in AP Physics. So fuck off, you smart ass Berkeley nerds. I'm coming for your ass. I'm rippin' heads off while turning heads.

To end, it doesn't hurt to toot your own horn here and there. The Good life has balance.

1 comment:

sushifiend said...

although you had a phase where you began to rethink berkeley, im glad you ended up there.

youre coming for it, and its most def ready for you.

five days :]