Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dear Rachel.

Hi, my name is Earnest Salgado and I've been a friend of Rachel's since 9th grade. She was often in many of my classes, and I recall spending part of the passing period before Ms. William's Geography class sitting on her desk, making her laugh (or trying to) while she played solitaire on her white ipod nano. It was funny because she would always give me this look like 0_o ... and then continue to play. Looking back on it now, she's probably given everyone else including myself that same look a thousand times.

We would get more acquainted with each other in 10th grade, where we would all sit at the same tables at lunch, those tables near the library and behind the english building. Those days are in the past now, but I will always cherish the days when people like carl, natalia, korvel, hannah, angel, lily, miguel, casey, abi, occasionally alex, alexis, and justin, (wassup joes) rachel, and myself would sit down with our respective lunches, mooch, laugh, and enjoy each others company. I'll never forget the times where you would let me finish your burrito, or the times where we would try to fit EVERYONE into a single table, and on a good day we did. I wouldn't know all you guys if it weren't for those lunch periods together, thanks.

Eventually people grow into their own self, people individualize and grow apart, and thats what everyone did, including rachel. Rachel's worked hard to become the person she is today, to be where she is with her life now. I always will admire how she always did her own thing-- she made her decisions based on what is important to her, even if it is untraditional and crazy. But sometimes crazy is what normal people label the extraordinary.

Okay, I've taken up enough time, I'd just like to say Happy Birthday again to Rachel Aguarin and I hope you have many many more, Thank you

No comments: