Monday, September 7, 2009

Reality vs. Expectations

I'm taking a break from homework, and I decided to get on the internet like how I usually do. And I thought about this past week, and about my past 2 or three weeks in general.

And as the days pass and I get older, I realize what the quote "everything is everything" means. Like, I understand that the loss of innocence will come to everyone, cuz childhood's over and things don't stay golden forever. Some people choose to hang on to their so called "innocence" longer than others, and that's totally fine. But that doesn't make the people who choose to give it up earlier any less righteous. And I mean innocence as in trying drugs or alcohol, smoking weed or anything, losing your virginity, what have you.

I think it's only when they make the wrong decisions as in doing things in excess or when it becomes a problem is when it's time to worry.

The quicker people realize how to separate reality from expectations, then the better. Like, it's not fair to really judge people because of what they choose. Who are we to tell them? Friends are friends, and as friends we always should strive to keep our friends on the right track, but if they want to do something, go ahead and get on it haha. Friends are not parents.

In a way, experiencing the ills of life is necessary. We all have to experience the highs and lows just for the simple fact of saying "Been there, done that." You want to do it to get it out of your system before you settle down. Many marriages are broken because of the simple fact that they are unhappy with being settled, when in reality that's what you are supposed to be. You party now and get it out of your system in order to be able to devote yourself solely to your family and wife/husband.

But what about me? I understand that I don't smoke and drink, when most of my friends already have, and it's simply just my preference. On top of that, I don't feel any better about myself that I don't, nor do I judge people who do smoke and drink. I am not ignorant of the times, I am not perfect, and I know when getting wasted and drunk will be appropriate. Just not anytime soon. And it's not for anyone to tell me when, its mine, and when I do, it's not for anyone to judge as well.

Just a little brain exercise. I gotta finish homework haha




1 comment:

Lisaaaaa said...

Good job for finishing your homework. Does your room have cable? Lol