Saturday, June 20, 2009

A new perspective

Guess where this song's from? Yeah..I love that movie.

Things happen for a reason. So I'm in a summer class, and by chance my neighbor's in it. He, his brother, and I used to play outside all the time this one summer when we were kids, but after that we drifted. ALOT.

But now we're in this computer class together, and there's group work, so he and another classmate named Jack teamed up with me to form a group. So basically I go out in the day, then come over at night. It's a real perspective-changing experience. First off, just catching up with him how he's doing, and catching up with his brother too. His brother's really close with Deryll, so it all intertwines. My neighbors graduated from Jesse Bethel, so yeah, small world.

Jeremy, the one in my class, is a cool ass dude. I catch these little tidbits of advice and pointers about life from him every time I'm at the house. He's one of those guys you would think would have a girlfriend or something, so I asked him, and to my surprise he didn't. He said he didn't really like the clingy-ness and bother that a relationship brings.

Thinking about it, I'm not clingy at all. Maybe that's a bad thing if I had a girlfriend. Even if I did, I'm not feeling the clingy shit.

He drinks and used to club alot though. He said he doesn't really do as much anymore, mainly just chillin. His Honda Civic is unbelievable. It's categorized as a racecar, and he's gotten a ticket because of it since you cant drive racecar types in domestic streets. We went for a drive one night, and it went from a stop to 80 in seconds. I was blown away.

Like I said, he's a cool dude. He's on all the new steez and hype, everything from having all the new music on his itunes that I wish I had, to finding shops and people to change his old baggy pants to skinny's. I would've never thought of that haha.

It makes me think like, how would I be if I got closer to them sooner? Probably on the wrong roads of life. At least now I'm sure of myself that I wouldn't let myself go down those paths. I'm exposed to all of that shit almost every day, asked to do shit almost every day too. I simply say, "Naw, I'm good." Just last night I was at Drew's getting a cut for today, and they started the hookah and I was just sittin there, smoke all up in the air, haha.

Today I woke up and smelled like hookah, hahaha. I am drug/smoke/alcohol free and will remain that way. The last time I did anything was Prom night when I took a shot of Heem, and after about ten minutes my liver hurt, hahahaha, so I'm sure.

On a side note, I bought my uke the other day! 200 man. Kala brand. Sounds beautiful. That's pretty much the centers of my world now-- my dogs, my uke, and my education. My loves are my family and friends.

Life is good right now. Jeremy showed me that you can be dope and not have a girlfriend for over 4 years and running, to just live and let things happen for you. It's all good.

No comments: